Saturday, December 4, 2010

What motivates you as a writer?


Motivation defined by Merriam-Websters: a motivating force, stimulus, or influence : incentive, drive

Not what inspires you, but what motivates you as a writer? As a young writer, doodling away in my diary, then at short stories, and then at books...my motivation was simple--to become a published author.

I've accomplished that goal. And it still excites me everyday!

But, now, I've got a new one. To be able to continue to write fresh, interesting, and different stories. Stories that keep readers coming back for more. Where do these ideas come from, and when they're not flowing like water...how do you keep pushing through?

For me, one thing I love is to meet up with other writers. Surrounding myself with others who are doing what I'm doing, and just simply talking over a cup of coffee or tea gives me a jump start.

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment