Thursday, December 20, 2012

#BookReview - Angels' Blood by @NaliniSingh

I fell in love with Nalini Singh's writing when I read her Psy-Changeling series.  But, I hadn't read her Archangel series.

I sat in on Nalini's discussion at RT 2012, and you guys know I became a true fan at that moment.  She was so incredibly warm and open.  The fans and authors in attendance all spoke of her angel series, and I felt like I couldn't be a part of the discussion.  So, I wanted to be sure to read as much as possible before RT 2013.

I stood in line to purchase a copy of Angels' Blood directly from Nalini, and, of course, I had to have it autographed!


I read Angels' Blood in two days.  Until I read J.R. Ward, I was never really a fan of series.  Then, all of a sudden, I thought it was the best thing in the world next to Netflix.Why?  Because when I finish one, I can push a magic button on my Kindle and boom there's another lovely book.

Nalini twisted the mythos of angels and vampires and dropped it on its head.  Angels become god-like creatures that put more fear than hope into those that love them.  The relationship between angels and vampires was for me the "touch" of Nalini that was all her own.

There have been so many treatments of vampires and angels that you become a little bored with it all.  I'm glad that I've found this series because it made it fresh for me.

My love affair with Jeaniene Frost's Cat and bones isn't over.  But, I am definitely enjoying the ride with Elena and Raphael.

Raphael the immortal that's lived so long, his heart is silent.  Elena, human--hunter-born, thrown away by her father left to to her own devices.  How do you love someone that you fear?  Sometimes, that can go both ways :-)

Singh and Austin 300x225

Nalini and me @ RT 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment