Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Amazing Spider-man

I never read comic books as a kid...I guess it's the whole girly-girl thing.  But, I was a huge tomboy, so go figure.  But, my baby brother was a comic book, science fiction kind of guy, and I would watch a lot of it with him.

And still, I love it!

I've discussed remakes and re-imaginings with all of you before, and probably so many of us have wondered when some fresh new ideas will come to someone.  But, I have to admit, I really enjoyed "The Amazing Spider-man".


Like every other version, Peter discovers himself, love, and the importance of family.  But, you fall in love with the vulnerability of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, and the innocence of Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey.  Can I just say Emma Stone is the Meryle Streep of tomorrow.  She freaking disappears into every role.  And what can I say about Sally Field and Martin Sheen.  One of the things I enjoyed about this movie was the cast and their acting.  They didn't overact because someone told them they were in a science fiction movie. They didn't all run around speaking in odd little voices.  No.  They "acted" and they did it well.  They knew and understood their characters because they made me care about them: their desires, losses, loves, and dreams.

And the romance writer in me love Peter's little whisper in Gwen's ear!  Awh :-)

Great action, appropriately crazy villain, maybe a touch too long, but overall fun escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment