Saturday, May 21, 2011

How do you pick a hero?

You know, I thought about this the other day because one of my friends was told his hero was not likeable enough. But, I thought his hero was appropriate for "his" story. I felt he'd written the true account of that man's struggle.



I've written attributes for heros that I thought people may disagree with, and so, I scrubbed them. Which made me sad because I knew no one would ever see those characters. But, now, I think differently. I stay to the character as it unfolds, and I let them tell "their" stories. I think one day someone will discover some little jewel neatly tucked away on one of my computer hard drives.



Drop by Romancing the Pen this week. Mary Abshire visits with me, and tells us how she came up with her hero and why.








Half-demon Jessie Garrett wants to live a normal life among her friends and keep her soul catching ability a secret, but supernatural creatures keep popping up in her world. Adding to her struggles, her vampire lover remains out of the country, and when he offers no valuable explanation as to why he hasn't returned, she wonders if she should move on without him.

As if Jessie doesn't have enough worries on her mind, the demon yearning to seduce her shows up at her home. She longs to liberate herself from the debt she owes him, and when he asks for her help, she jumps at the chance to make a new deal with him—one that will guarantee her freedom. The only catch? She has to send the soul of a werewolf to hell.

Love, trust, and loyalty are on the line. Torn between her feelings for her vampire boyfriend, a hot Alpha wolf, and a demon vowing to protect her, Jessie must figure out her heart's true desires.






No comments:

Post a Comment