Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The guitar has dropped in Memphis, TN!

Yes, in Memphis, we drop a large guitar, just like New York in Times Square.  Love it!

Checklist time!

I do this every year.  Don't we all.  We take stock of the year that's ending, and we picture whatever great something we want for the one that's about to begin.

Instead of looking at what I didn't do in 2012, I want to look at my successes and how I can continue to improve on them for 2013.


  • Write, write, write - I released a short story and a novella in 2012!  I'm extremely proud of them both.  "Love All Over Me" deals with continuing to live life after losing the love of your life.  "Give Me Everything" is about the choices so many career-focused couples have to make.  Do you choose love or financial wealth?  Can you have it all?
  • Conferences - I attended two fabulous conferences in 2012, and for 2013 I have plans to attend four!
  • Networking - I've made more great friends within and outside of the writing world! Some of them have visited me at Romancing the Pen.  And some have joined me on Triberr as part of the Writing, dreaming, living tribe!  I even launched my author app!  iOS or Android 
  • Reading - I've caught up on a lot of the series that I'd heard so much about during RT 2012, and I've added a few more to my list.  Check out some of my favs here:  USA Today Happily Ever After.
  • Research - I use everything as research.  But, I'm kicking off 2013 attending a six part series which will be held at one of our libraries in Memphis because it will be a fantastic way for me to conduct research for a piece that I'm currently working on.
2013 is shaping up to look pretty darn good!

What successes did you have in 2012?  What are you looking to continue to do in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment